Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Commemorating 12 weeks

Today my entourage and I mark a trimester of rest: bed rest. To that end I want to give myself, my baby, and my family and friends a huge pat on the back, a big hug, and a loud kiss. We have all seen this pregnancy to 29 weeks 3 days, through 84 days of love, support, caring and sharing, empathy, sympathy, tears and laughter.

At the start line, I did not think I would make it this far. But as it turned out, with the right kind of people, I am still in the running. This trial was not a sprint, and I never thought I was equipped for a marathon. Thankfully, I trained fast.

My baby's survival rate at this point is markedly increased and lasting complications equally reduced from what they would have been only a few weeks ago. That certainly says a lot when you think that when this journey first began at 18 weeks the baby had zero chance of survival!

This baby has been a fighter, and I doubt she will be anything but. To say that her will to survive had as much to do with her still being right here right now as any other "external" factor is an understatement. I truly believe she is at the heart of this journey's success.


No comments:

Post a Comment