Friday, January 25, 2013

High Risk Pregnancy "Favorite" Things ~ 6

in alphabetical order...

Fresh air ~ Being on bed rest in the winter has been both a blessing and a curse.
A blessing because with the cold and the wind I do not feel like I have been
missing much "outdoor" time:
walks, playgrounds, open air concerts, outdoor seating, etc.
A curse because for the past fifteen weeks I have been
breathing in and breathing out the same stale air that is warmed by a heat pump.
But one day last week the weather was so fine for winter
that I was left on the couch
tucked underneath blankets, wearing my warm coat,
with the windows and door wide open.
The cold clean air came wafting in and I felt like I was in a different place and time.
If could have captured that smell I would have bottled it up,
but alas moments are fleeting and the best way to make them last
is to enjoy them while they are here.


A visit from Grandma ~ It is no secret that Jannah-Rae loves her Grandma.
So, it comes as no surprise that her visit to help us through a couple of weeks of bed rest
is instrumental both to my sanity, and JR's.
For over two weeks Grandma has been the center of JR's attention,
her playmate, bath buddy, bed pal, walker, and friend.
JR would sleep with Grandma at her side,
and wake up asking for her.
When it was time to say goodbye, JR was heartbroken,
but understanding. Grandma will be back soon.
March is not too far off.



Sidelines ~ Sidelines is a non-profit organization providing support for women and their families experiencing complicated pregnancies and premature births.
One of my friends referred me to their services and I have been corresponding with my e-mail support since October.
Her presence, and advice, have been invaluable.Her words have gotten me through some rough patches, and her encouragement has inticed me to keep my feet up.



Sunshine ~ I cannot imagine how much more challenging my journey would have been had I lived in the Northwest.
In the few days that I missed the sun, my spritis have slumped, my mood has swung, and I felt as close to rock bottom as I could be.
On sunny days, however, I tend to be lighter, the prospects for success more bountiful,
and the burden bearable.
Our living room gets plenty of morning sun, and warms up in its heat.
I am lucky to be able to perch on the couch and enjoy the warmth,
even on cold, cold days.

No comments:

Post a Comment