Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A reading start to 2013

I love to read. Unfortunately, I do not always have a good stack of books on hand to go through, and when I do, I seldom find enough time to read more than one a month or every other month. This year, however, brought both time and material for my enjoyment. Being on bed rest meant I could indulge more in flipping through the pages of a good novel, and recommendations from friends led me to wonderful books that provided me with education, enlightenment and entertainment.

Here is what I read in January and a favorite quote from each book.


 The Rent Collector

"The most difficult battles in life are those we fight within." ~ Chinese proverb







The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry 

"It surprised him that he was remembering all this. Maybe it was the walking. Maybe you saw even more than the land when got out of the car and used your feet."



Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons

"Life is like a bowl of spaghetti, it's still good even when it's all tangled up."









Letters for Emily

"Follow your dreams, make your best choices, and peace will come as you realise that you are on the best path for yourself. Your journey is unique. What is nourishment to others, may in fact be poison to you. Have dreams, but be content with your journey."


No comments:

Post a Comment