Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A break from packing

I took the day "off" from packing and moving yesterday. The weekend was filled with boxes, bubble wrap and tape and I wanted a different start to my week. And although much remains to be done until everything is "move-ready" a break from the activities was really necessary for my sanity and for family relations.

My picky little eater had been asking for weeks to go to Charlottesville and eat fried chicken but we have been so busy, and Yousef had been so fussy in the car seat that we had been reluctant to make the trip before now. Seeing however how are days in the US are now numbered and how there is no better time than the present to do things, I decided to make the 2 plus hour trip to Thomas Jefferson's home and have one last all-you-can-eat chicken, beet, green beans, black eyed peas, coleslaw stewed tomatoes, and mashed potato lunch.

The last time I had been there, I was in a wheelchair enjoying one last getaway as a family of three. Then, Jeff was with us. This time, Teta was with us. Then, Yousef was in my belly. This time, Yousef was out of it. Then, we had a good time. This time, we had a last time. And last times are bitter sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment