Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a little like me, a little like him




Some say she looks like me.
Some say she looks like him.
I think she looks just like herself.
 
Some say she acts like me.
Some say she acts like him.
I think she acts like herself.
 
She is a little of me,
and a little of him.
But, she is a lot of herself.

Who else would she be?
Who else could she be?
Who else should she be?

We brought her into the world.
We shape her world.
We are her world.
But we are not THE world.

One day she will realise that.
She will see there is more.
She will hear there is more.
And she will want more.

And so, we let her be:
Herself.
So that when that one day comes,
She will go;
Herself.
She will learn;
Herself.
She will be;
Herself.

She will look back and see
that while she is a little bit of me
and a little bit of him
we let her be
completely
Her.


No comments:

Post a Comment