Thursday, July 12, 2012

DYI - Blackboard

I am not much of a Do-It-Yourself kind of person mainly because I think I lack talent and mostly because I think I do not have time. But living in an already toy-cramped condo I knew that this was one item that I have to acquire in two modes; cheap and space-saving.


JR already has a easel that is chalkboard on one side and whiteboard on the other. It is big, fancy and new, and it lives in storage these days; I just do not know where I would put it elsewhere. With so little space and so many other items wrangling for space, this one just had to go. And so, it has been months since JR last saw the easel and has forgotten about being able to use chalk indoors. Until this morning.

Here is my simple wall-hanging blackboard that cost less than $10 and 30 minutes to make.

What you need is;

  1. Recycled cardboard box; I was lucky to get mine from Starbucks, out of all places!
  2. Chalkboard Contact Paper; YES! They make those. Buy it here.
  3. Stickers for decorations; I chose to personalise it with JR's name.
  4. 3 nails to fix it to the wall.


Recycled cardboard box
Chalkboard contact paper



Semi-finished product



All finished



JR totally enjoying her new board.
And, I still have floor space!

No comments:

Post a Comment