Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Lemonade "Tea" Party



was the highlight of the day. After much planning and work, the result was simply REWARDING. I am thankful that I have the time, resources, support and friends to make it happen.

After organising JR's second birthday party and seeing how much fun it was to throw a party, I decided I was going to have regular "tea" parties for JR and her friends. A few months after January, namely in March, JR hosted a tea party where the girls chatted over chamomile tea, peanut butter and jelly tea sandwiches, anise tea cookies, almond cakes and lemon scones. For favors JR gave her friends a tea pot shaped cookie cutter attached to a chamomile tea bag.


Following that success, and again the fun, I put together JR's first annual lemonade party. It took a lot of planning and quite a bit of work: the pineapple muffins that were my first choice ended up getting stuck to the pan; I put too much starch in the lemon curd and had to start again; I almost burnt the pie crust while trying to rescue it. But the end result was captivating. And worth it.

The menu included homemade lemonade, mini yellow corn muffins, green leaf-shaped pancakes, lemon pound cake, and a fruit basket. Each girl decorated a lemon and a lemon leaf for JR's Lemon Tree of Friendship (more on that to follow) and took home a mini lemon loaf.



No comments:

Post a Comment