Thursday, August 9, 2012

Now and Then

Those of you who know me, know my obsession with potty training. But for those of you who are new to my blog, here is a quick insider look;
  • I started potty training JR when she was around 7 months old.
  • I kept a potty spreadsheet to track our "hits" and "misses."
  • She was completely potty trained during the day, at home and elsewhere, by the time she was 18 months old.
  • She has not slept in diapers at night since last April, although we do run into accidents.
  • The last pack of diapers I bought was from that same month. We are still working through using it up.

Knowing this about me, it should not come as a huge surprise that all I decided to bring back from "the palace" at Colonial Williamsburg were photos of the potties. Below is a side-by-side visual of how some things don't change! 

Now: Ceramic, stationary toilet with a fixed bowl.
Then: Wooden, mobile toilet with a removable bowl.


Now: Plastic, with a removable bowl.
Then: Ceramic, mobile bed pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment