Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bringing Summer Indoors

Summer this year has been anything but predictable. One day would be scorching hot and the next it would be pouring rain. In either case, though, JR and I would find ourselves confined to our apartment looking for amusing activities. Once I exhausted the arts, crafts, pretend play, homeschooling, and media entertainment options I went on the search for something new. It came in the form of a $2.99 toy from the grocery store. 

While really designed for outdoors, I saw no reason why JR and I could not adapt it to indoor playing. Paired with the sink on the front end and the shower, or a cup, on the back end, we turned the foam pumper into an indoor toy. And with that, we spent many hours trading spots in the shower splashing and getting splashed. 
  





No comments:

Post a Comment